Can/Am 2022 TOURNAMENT INFO
Come to this historic Winter Olympic Village and enjoy the most complete Tournament Package CAN/AM has to offer. Once you arrive in Lake Placid, all of your accommodations, meals and activities are taken care of.
You’ll find young people walking up and down Main Street and to and from the arena in this small town atmosphere. Parents can shop and relax right up until game time – then leisurely stroll to the Olympic Complex, which house three rinks for their player’s games. A 15 minute scenic drive will take you to Saranac Lake Civic Center, the site of our 4th Arena.
No other Tournament and location can provide your team with the camaraderie and convenience that allows you to enjoy your Tournament weekend like the Lake Placid Challenge Cup.
2022 Tournament Dates
October 27 - October 30
|Price Per Player or Adult for the Weekend|
The per person price includes all hotel, meals, and tournament fees for the weekend. Tax and gratuity are included. The per person occupancy fee is based on the number of adults and players in each room. There are no additional fees for the event. Fees are in USD.
*One adult required per room.
**Minors are a flat fee and do not affect occupancy. Minors stay with parent(s) in existing bed space.
For Example, a family of 5 with 2 players and 1 non-skating sibling:
$550 x 4 = $2,200 + $199 = $2,399
CAN/AM's Challenge Cup Tournaments are Package Tournaments. Prices are charged on a per person basis depending on the number of Adults and Players in each room. This per person cost includes hotel accommodations, meals, the tournament fee, and all of the package benefits listed for the tournament your team selects. All tax and gratuity is included in prices. The price is per person for the weekend. There are no additional fees.
To calculate costs for your package, add the number of adults and players in a room. This determines the occupancy i.e. 2 adults + 1 player = triple occupancy. Once you know the occupancy, simply add the corresponding per person cost for each adult and player in that room. All rooms must contain at least one Adult. Non-player Minors do not affect occupancy. Non-player Minor pricing is a constant rate, regardless of the room occupancy. Non-player minors ages 6-17 receive all of the same package benefits as Adults and Players. Minors stay with Parent(s) in existing bed space. Minors age 5 and under stay free and do not receive any package benefits.
RATE CHART EXPLANATION
Quad: Any combination of four adults and players.
Triple: Any combination of three adults and players.
Double: Two adults or one adult and one player.
Prices are per person for the whole weekend and include applicable taxes and gratuities. There are no additional team or entry fees. All tournament fees are included in the package fees. Your package includes 4 days and 3 nights accommodations and all tournament features.
Below is a list of all of the features that are a part of your Tournament Package. These items are all included in your per person fees. There are no additional Tournament fees, taxes or gratuities.
- Four Game Guarantee. Four teams in each division advance to a medal game. Games begin on Thursday afternoon and medal games end on Sunday afternoon
- 4 days 3 nights accommodations at your choice of great area hotels. Check-in on Thursday and check-out on Sunday for the ultimate hockey weekend! (Hotel selection honored based on earliest received $200 per room deposits. Deposits must be submitted as a team.)
- Our packages include 3 breakfasts and 3 dinners (beginning with Thursday dinner and ending with Sunday breakfast.)
- Complimentary Lunch on the day of your choice.
- Complimentary Pizza Party for your players and their families!
- Accessible full-time staff prior to the Tournament available to answer your questions and help you organize your team! At the Tournament, staff are always available to service your team’s needs.
- Three 12-minute stopped time periods.
- Championship Gold-Silver-Bronze medals and iconic team winning plaques and custom arena banners for all gold medal teams.
- Guarantee of one 1980 Olympic Rink game for each team.
- Free e-program and admission to all games.
- Shoot-Out and Team Relay skating competitions with awards.
- Professionally filmed and edited Tournament Highlight Video captures your Tournament memories available for purchase.
- Recording of 1980 Arena games with playback at Tournament Central.
- All skills competitions are recorded and available for purchase.
- Player souvenir for each participant.
- Public Skating session on the 1980 Arena or Olympic Oval for all Players, Family Members, Coaches, and Guests. (Availability subject to current conditions and pandemic restrictions)
- Opening Ceremony for all Players, Family Members, Coaches, and Guests. (Availability subject to current conditions and pandemic restrictions)
- Results posted after each game on canamhockey.com.
- $50 credit toward any CAN/AM Hockey Camp for each tournament player, coach and parent.
- One complimentary Coach or Team Rep package when you bring 40 players, parents, and guests (value equal to 1 Adult at Double Occupancy).
- Complimentary discounts at local stores.
- Great shopping at unique boutiques and outlet stores.
- Exchange of commemorative gifts between teams.
- Professional medical staff on site.
- USA Hockey sanctioned.
- Be part of other World Class International Skiing, Luge, Bobsled, Alpine, Ski-Jumping and Figure Skating events.
- A small town, friendly and safe atmosphere for all.
- CAN/AM Lake Placid Tournament Credential customized with your team name. An Olympic Credential provides complimentary access to the Olympic Museum, Olympic Ski-Jumping Complex, Sports Complex, Olympic Speed Skating Oval plus discounts on Whiteface lift tickets, gondola rides, bobsled rides and more...a $75 value! (Venues subject to weather conditions. Visit www.orda.org for details.)
- And most importantly a highly competitive Tournament operated by experienced professionals.